3.18.2009

Friends and the UPS man

UPS

In East Texas there a lot of trucks on the streets. We live in jack-it-up, bigger-the-better, more-gas-consumption-the-merrier, and if-it-ain't-loud-why-drive-it country. If our alarm clock doesn't go off in the morning, one of four diesel pickups on the block will roll past the house and wake you up at 5, 5:30, 6:30 or 7am.

Yesterday I heard a truck on the street and from the sound of the engine I knew what type of truck it was. It was not a pickup from the block, a maintenance man or other large vehicle. It was the distinctive engine sound of the UPS man! I don't know about you, but when I hear the UPS man's truck on the block, I hope and wish he'd stop at my house! Yesterday he did! I hadn't ordered anything and neither had Sarah. The boys are already mischievous, bumping, rolling and kicking in Sarah's belly, but their internet surfing skills are still not well formed. So what was the UPS man bringing to us!?

Boehme-made receiving blankets
How about two of the most beautiful receiving blankets handmade by our friend Katie Boehme? They are kiwi/lime green with grey/brown and slate/light blue with grey/brown... a perfect match to the decor we've picked out for the twins! WOW! Thank you Katie and Chris Boehme!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful.